2008/11/23

Harlem Globetrotters

This short note is brought to you by my sense of inadequacy: I am accompanied on this trip by semi-pro bloggers whose output I could never hope to equal even on my home turf. I'm basically typing this to stay in the game, as it were.

So: I'm in NYC, which to my city fetish is like a red rag to a bull, if the bull really likes red rags, and wants to get lost in them, and get to know their less obvious sides, and find nice things about them in spots that would normally be overlooked. A very discerning bull, in point of fact; a bull of taste.

Also, performed in the Nuyorican. The sheer awesomeness of this fact is not tempered by the cringe-inducing open-mic that followed the slam. But if anyone else rhymes sorrow and tomorrow in my presence, they better stay on their toes, I'm a mean shot with an empty glass.

Taking lots of pictures, but this computer and my camera memory card don't speak to each other, so a proper, illustrated travelogue will surface when I am reunited with my own laptop. Or, I may just upload a bunch of images.

1 comment:

  1. I'm VERY proud of you, Nuyorican it's more than A stage in NY :)

    ReplyDelete