2008/10/06

Built From Nothing but High Hopes and Thin Air

I learned a few things yesterday.

1. The Eastern Market is the best place to go for second-hand bikes.



2. The National Gallery of Art is good for buying prints and posters as well as crashing parties.



3. The Sylvan Amphitheatre is right next to the Lincoln Memorial, and the Christian McBride Quartet makes for an amazing soundtrack for Kavalier & Clay (which is a great book, and you should go read it now).


4. Nick Cave is a glamorous demon on stage, and his electric mandolin player is Rasputin crossed with a crane.






3 comments:

  1. that street over there, is it your street? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wojtek - mwahahahahaha

    ms.s - the picture was taken with my house behind me, so the street you see behind the bike is not TECHNICALLY my street, but I still harbour proprietary feelings towards it. The one that stretches out to the left and right is definitely mine, though: 7th Street NE represent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you fortunate bękart, I envy you!

    ReplyDelete